Before using a MEWP a full assessment of the ground conditions must be completed. In the information below we have some useful tips on how to assess the ground conditions, types of spreader pads and additional factors to take into account.
- Make a full assessment of the ground conditions.
- Take into account the point loads imposed by the machine and the dynamic load transmitted to the ground if the MEWP is moving at ground level or at height.
- Make sure the spreader pad is the appropriate size and type.
- Inspect spreader pads before use.
- Take into account additional factors such as the weight of the operator, materials and fuel.
View Ground Conditions PDF
View Webinar PDF