IPAF Operator 2 Subjects 3a 3b
This IPAF course instructs an operator to prepare and safely operate various types of MEWPs including scissor lifts, boom lifts, trailer mounted or truck mounted platforms.
Operators will need to bring their own harness in order to complete 1b and 3b training.
A mix of theory and practical training, this course is designed to enable operators to manoeuvre, drive and position the MEWPs safely and proficiently. Courses can be undertaken on scissor lifts, boom lifts, trailer mounted or truck mounted platforms.
Course Content Includes
- Awareness of different types of MEWPs
- Safe operation of MEWPs and limitations of use
- Pre-use checks, inspection and function tests
- Planning the route before operating the MEWP
- Travelling the route and manoeuvring the MEWP
- Setting up the MEWP for work
- Basic operational practice
- Achievement testing
- Selection and use of fall arrest equipment
- Log book issue
- Course review and close
Training for this course can be undertaken on the following categories: 1a, 1b, 3a and 3b. The course is for a duration of 1 - 3 days, depending on the number of categories required. On successful completion, delegates will receive a PAL (Powered Access Licence) photo ID card giving instant recognition of identity and the categories accredited. The card is valid for 5 years, after which the delegate would need to be re-assessed.
IPAF Operator - 2 Subjects 3a 3b courses currently available include: